Thursday 23 April 2015

Flash: Fury Friends



Her teddy bear told her to do things. She didn’t always comply but if she was in a good mood she’d indulge him.
‘Let’s sit in the sun,’ he’d say. ‘Please can you make me a daisy chain crown?’

He also wanted to watch films. Toy Story was a particular favourite, and later he discovered Chucky, which they saw 15 times. After this, he took an unhealthy interest in knives.

She got a hamster for her birthday. Her teddy bear was understandably jealous.

‘Please can I have a Stanley knife?’ he asked.

She did not allow him a knife. Instead she started taking precautions and at night would lock him in the hamster cage. The hamster made a nest in his belly.

She enjoyed having a hamster more than a teddy. It was real and therefore more grown up. Gradually the hamster devoured her bear completely and used him for bedding. Then the hamster started talking to her.

‘Let’s go to the library,’ it would say. ‘Please can you get me American Psycho?’

1 comment:

  1. I really liked this, Kath. I love that you used Fury instead of Furry in the title.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I'll get back to you soon