Sunday 11 January 2015

Time and Punishment

I know it’s a bit late but I’m taking today as my New Year. This means diet and exercise. I knew I couldn’t do it on actual new year as I saw my old college friends on the 2nd and that is always maximus debaucherous. I could barely move the next day, let alone start a new regime.

I’ve been gradually widening for the last couple of years, and clothes are now tightening to the point of not doing up. I’m also getting that awful double-boob with my bras which, unless you are a four-breasted space alien, is revolting. So I actually braved the scales today. And I ate healthily. When I say ‘diet’ I do not mean ‘diet’; I’m just going to cut a few things out. Like puddings. And garlic bread. And the second glass of wine.

When I say ‘exercise’ I require something that I can fit in. Nia dancing is great fun but only once a week and obviously not enough for me to be comfortable in my skin. And my skirts. But I do not have time, money or inclination to go to the gym, it looks like a torture chamber and it smells like BO. I may be surrounded by fitness freaks but alas, it has not rubbed off.

What then? Well, a friend has recommended a DVD to me; Jillian Michaels' ‘30 Day Shred’. Initially I said I couldn’t, wouldn’t commit. My old DVD was an hour and fifteen minutes of agony. This one though is only 20 minutes. 20 minutes! Can’t really make an excuse. I can carve out 20 minutes in most days. Even if it does mean I miss a bit of TV, that’s got to be a good thing. I did it and its doable. Painful but doable. And oh for those Abs. Go on, join me:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I'll get back to you soon