Wednesday 23 October 2013

Dark Day



It starts a dark day. I don’t really remember this morning. I remember hearing the news from the suited, somber man. A stranger has gone, a name on a spreadsheet to me but behind that is a person, a life, a universe. A premature full stop. It brings back my own dead friends and disappeared people. Sadness surrounds us, people I know teach him. Taught him. For them, the could I have? should I have? followed by loss. New to the UK, seemingly happy but unknown, alone. Did anyone in this country really care about him? Later the guilt of laughter.


I walk home, heaving in the fresh air. The rain has been replaced by pink clouds. In the sky I see angels and am comforted by the infinite.

As I type, the bells are ringing. It feels late but it’s only 8.30.


It is so sad that someone can be so sad. I hope in between there was some joy. Good bye Stranger.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I'll get back to you soon