Tuesday 25 October 2016

Nursery Crime: How Are You My Friend?



Oh dear,
I fear
My friend
Is on the brink

Sparkle and sunshine
Overlay the grey,
A pretty disposition
Hides lying again

The veneer of good cheer
Has worn eggshell thin,
Cracked china laughter
Hints what’s within

I try to decide
If it’s my business to pry,
Break you with a well-aimed question
Or wait till you slide

As I observe I look I see
Your façade fragmenting
To reveal
maggoty anxiety

A subtle nudge is all it would need;
You think I’m your friend
But its forensic intrigue
That draws me in

So paper over your cracks
And consider who surrounds you,
Now horses and men have left to
Fight more important wars

Circular thinkers can’t tell a fake
And only the desperate
Subconsciously take
A devil for a friend

Oh, I promise I’ll put you
Together again
But, my dear,
You’ll never be quite the same

Maybe I pushed you
And maybe you fell
But there’s nobody left here
And no one to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I'll get back to you soon