Wednesday 22 July 2015

Pretending to be a Poet at the Hat Fair



Part of writing seems to be throwing yourself in front of people. There is the stereotype of the solitary writer but actually I want people to hear my words.
I’ve embraced all types; my strongest facets are short stories and flash
but it’s good to stretch in other directions.
You see, I got the opportunity from the Winchester Poetry Festival to be a Hat Fair poet this weekend; my friend Madelaine asked and I said "Yes". The natural show off in me embraces the stage, I majored in drama 100 years ago and some of that is still in my blood.
I found my most robust stuff to read, I practised with Loose Muse Sue. It helped that she was terrified too.
I did it, I didn’t die. The audience were kind and I was adrenalinified.
Yes, yesterday I pretended
to be a poet, and maybe that makes me one.
PS I suppose this post is a prose poem.


 Massive thanks to 1000 Monkeys for this Film 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I'll get back to you soon