Saturday 14 February 2015

You don’t even know it’s Valentine’s Day



You don’t give a crap about all the tat in the shops. You care more about what you’ve just found on the ground. You motivate me out of the house every day, even when I want to lie and be lazy. We explore nature together. We see and smell a lot of beauty; little egrets with their yellow high heels, cuddly water voles and redshanks. Pre-dawn rainbows, kaleidoscopic frosts; that elusive smell in the air. 


You are always pleased to see me. You’ll always join in when I dance. You tolerate being squeezed and hugged. You are a wonderful listener and give me space to chatter out my dreams, depressions and desires.


I like listening to your snore. I like watching you dream. I like the smell of your head. 

But you are going at a different pace to me. Eleven should still be about beginning but for you it is about slowing down. You are getting very grey and we can’t walk as far and sometimes in the evenings I wonder if you have a bit of dementia. 


It is incredibly easy to love you. My hear melts with warmness for you. Thank you for being my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I'll get back to you soon