Monday 6 October 2014

Poorly PC



My PC is sick of me. I’m not good at looking after things, unless they demand my attention (Take me for a walk! Please can I have a cup of tea?) so my poor little passive laptop has just been used relentlessly, not nurtured, not defragged, shit, not even regularly backed up, and now it’s got sick. I knew it was getting old, five must be 103 in PC years, and I should have been a bit more caring. But the only symptoms were that it took a long time to turn on (familiarity caused me to not to take this too personally) and the “U” was temperamental (I assume there is a crumb or dead spider underneath it).

Now I’ve had to do emergency surgery on it. Safe Mode, Administrator, Copying Files. Eating my precious weekend away. I’m currently copying a folder that will take ‘about 4 hours and 17 minutes’ to move and this is one of twenty. I only wanted to do my blog and then stick Radio i-Player on while I tidied my room. I hope I can resuscitate it; the idea of being forced onto Windows 8 is  a very horrible one. The insanely irritating thing is I’ve just read IT’S MY FAULT. Apparently corruption was caused by me closing the thing while its antivirus was running. Ironic, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I'll get back to you soon