Sunday 21 September 2014

To Tell the Truth



By Paul Agule
I lie all the time. I’m pathological. I lie to protect myself, to be nice, in the desperate desire to get people to like me. Often I lie just for my own entertainment, especially to young children: My dog is half cow, I once met a dragon, cup-cakes are actually fairy poos. I myself am gloriously gullible and extremely trusting, which is strange when on the other foot I’m such a fibber. With my habitual chameleoning it’s easy to forget or not bother with opinion, I’ll just agree with whatever you’re saying. Unless you’re saying something sexist, racist or other twattishness. Even I have limits.

So I find it very difficult to form opinions. I’m so conflict averse I’ll sidle around and not address things. But I’m going to start trying to be truthful…

…But maybe I’m lying right now, a neat way to finish my witter. All creative writers enjoy fabricating and maybe I should celebrate our special talent. What would life be without wonderful woppers along the way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I'll get back to you soon