Sunday 16 March 2014

Beautiful Too


Yesterday for research I had my nails done. The protagonist in the screenplay I’m writing works in a Nail Bar, so I had to go. It’s not me. It’s so frivolous, so vain and so absolutely wonderful! I got what I needed and the staff were very sweet to a Nail Bar virgin. I know the process, what happens; the little heated hand baths, the hand and arm massage, trimming the skin, the spaceship dryers. The fantastic chatter and gossip. And the range of punters, from gardeners to the posh to the orange-skinned. I was going to go for turquoise, like I would do myself when I paint my own nails but I was so very far from my comfort zone I thought I’d plunge a bit further. So now I have bright red nails. Sexy, slutty, come to bed, red nails. With sparkles! I love them. I have only chipped them a tiny bit. They are great! I may be a convert…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I'll get back to you soon