Monday 26 October 2015

November Novelathon



I’m considering NaNoWriMo. Why? Because. Because now I find myself without deadlines I find myself unfocused. I am languishing. Enjoying evening class homework, yes, writing beyond a page, no. Oh. So: NaNoWriMo. Why not? I’m irritated that I’ve lost momentum. I told myself a week off. Motivation has always been an intangible. For many years I’ve wondered about the will, even to get out of bed, to be, to exist. Do I always need stick carrot syndrome? Maybe yes. There is something vulnerable about using a crutch, another stick to write but if that’s what it takes I shall do it. 1666 words a day. Ouch. Unsure of word counts but what the hell. A fantastic Christmas present to myself if I get my first draft. So yes I will. Are you up for it too? Novelicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I'll get back to you soon